Here’s how you can pitch in!
- Volunteer at the book sale
- Donate your used books and recycle your movies and video games.
- Do you have a special talent? Teach a class or hold a lecture at the library.
In 2013 we estimate our Friends and volunteers pitched in between 800-1,000 hours of their time to prepare for the book sale and during the book sale weekend. This includes sorting books, signage, requesting food donations and advertising for the weekend. Approximately 22,000 books were donated for this year’s sale. Over the last several years, this is a sampling of how your generous support has helped our Haddonfield Public Library:
- Discovery kiosk for 3M Books
- 3 Early Literacy computer stations
- Nook reading devices and eBooks to borrow for your own e-reader
- Coffee machine for use by library visitors
- Refurbish the library balcony area with paint, carpet, lighting and new furniture
- Chess tables outside in honor of former Director Doug Rauchenberger
- New benches for the garden area in front of the library
- Teen room (with the support of other local organizations we have created a teen room with furniture and computers)
- Summer Reading program and the Speaker series
- Hardware and Software for the Children’s computers
- Furnishings for the reading room and reading materials for all collections